Are you considering spending a few days of your holiday in Almodovar to see Cordoba without being confined to the city? Fancy a visit to the National Park? Want to do some water sports or nautical activities? Enjoy the regional gastronomy? Explore the nearby archaeological remains? Simply looking to relax, but also fit in a visit Castillo de Almodovar? Then, why not spend the night in one of the area’s charming local hotels, campsites or lodges?.
Over on our blog, we review some of the best places to stay within the vicinity of the castle allowing you to unwind after a busy day exploring… This is by no means an exhaustive guide but we hope it gives those planning a visit to the area a flavour of the types of accommodation it has to offer.
La Breña Campsite
Camping La Breña
A campsite situated right in the heart of Sierra Morena with stunning views of the Pantano de la Pantano de la Breña reservoir. There are camping facilities and chalets as well as a pool, restaurant and complementary activities.
Phone: 957 33 83 33
A bed and breakfast which offers comfortable accommodation at very decent rates. Located on a peaceful street in the town centre.
Phone: 637 53 51 77
Hostal San Luis
Hostal San Luis
A hotel with its own restaurant over 25 years old, situated within a prime location of Almodovar del Rio boasting spectacular views.
Phone: 957 635 421
Almudawar Country House
Casa Rural Almudawar
A traditional country house, located on street leading up to a hilltop in the centre of Almodovar, which marries the charm and architectural style of days gone by with all the creature comforts one would expect to find in an up-market contemporary establishment.
Phone: 957 635 008
Fuentepiedra Country House
Casa Rural Fuentepiedra.
A typical Cordoban stately home, whose 18th century architecture has been immaculately restored. The property lies in the centre of the town and enjoys stunning views of the Plaza de la Constitucion.
Phone: 634 55 20 20
Balcon de la Vega Apartments
Apartamentos Balcón de la Vega
Apartamentos Balcón de la Vega are located in Almodóvar del Río and offer accommodation with a seating area. Free Wi-Fi access is available and all units have a fully equipped kitchen, a dining table, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a bath and free toiletries.
Hotel Hospes Palacio del Bailío
Hotel Hospes Palacio del Bailio
- It is the city’s first 5* hotel and the only one that incorporates state-of-the-art design and mod cons into a historic building.
- The Palacio is just 10 minutes from the Mezquita in the historical centre of the city of Cordoba, which was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1982.
- The Palacio del Bailio was built between the 16th and 18th centuries.
- It was named Europe’s Most Charming Hotel in 2008 (Prix Villégiature, Paris).
- It has been known as a Historic Monument and Asset of Cultural Interest since 1982.
- It has a central courtyard measuring 160m2, with a glass floor which reveals the remains of a Roman villa, dating to 1 BC.
- The only hotel with Roman baths (indoors) and outdoor pool located within an oasis of fruit trees and aromatic plants.
- Its 17th century pinacoteca and original frescoes and communal areas are amongst some of the Palace’s most enchanting features and what sets it apart from other establishments.